SUNNY-SIDE UP: GREAT BREAKFAST DATES TO START YOUR DAY
June 05, 2019
At Date Night Ideas, we’re all about the breakfast date at the moment. Sure, it’s great fun to dress up to the nines and paint the town red, but every now and again a beautiful brunch with your partner can be just as big a treat. Here are our top picks for delicious breakfast destinations throughout South Africa:
– Frequently cited as one of the best coffee shops in the entire world, Truth Coffee Roasting on Buitenkant Street is a treat for all the senses. The steampunk-themed coffee shop has always been at the top of our personal list of must-visit destinations in the Mother City, and took top honours in UK new agency The Guardian's list of top coffee shops around the globe in 2005. Vibey and cool to the core!
– Located at the very top of Cape Town’s picturesque Kloof Street, Manna Epicure is a beautiful, bright space where you can indulge in an array of fresh juices and inventive breakfast dishes while enjoying some prime people-watching from the veranda.
Nice on 4th
- Nice on 4th is renowned for their breakfast basket, a basket made from toast willed with eggs, bacon and a spicy tomato relish, with salmon and veggie options for vegetarians.
Grand Central Café
- Bar by night, awesome brekkie spot by day, the Grand Central Cafe serves a great selection of classic breakfast dishes until 12:30 daily.
The Kitchen @ Warm Karoo
– Situated in Bloemfontein on a private estate, The Kitchen @ Warm Karoo is combination of city elegance, country tranquillity and everything authentic - the perfect spot for a serene breakfast with your partner.
Jack & Jill Food Co. – Hip and trendy to the core, Jack & Jill Food Co
. offers a beautiful variety of breakfast options against a truly eclectic backdrop.
TOP TIP: Doppio Zero
has branches throughout the country and makes for a great breakfast spot no matter where you are. This forward-thinking franchise serves a wonderful array of classic breakfast dishes and delicious fusion food that is sure to appeal to even the pickiest of palates.
Any one of these much-loved South African brekkie spots will make for a wonderful sunrise date. Do you have a must-visit breakfast destination in your neck of the woods? Get in touch on Facebook and share the love in our comment section so we can spread the word! Also, look out for our follow-up article in March on top breakfast spots in Tshwane, Durban and Nelspruit.
“No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you.
I swear it.”
––Defiance by C.J. Redwine
“I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent
together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets.”
––Boundless by Cynthia Hand
“And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”
––Across the Universe by Beth Revis
“It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a
responsibility toward that love.”
––Every Day by David Levithan
“I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.”
––The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable,
and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and
I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
––The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do,
right this second.”
––Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.”
––Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
“I am catastrophically in love with you.”
––Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t
something about you at all. It was just you.”
––Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire